Your results can be summed up by the following:
- Finding pleasure in work in one way or another is crucial to one’s mental health.
- Essentially, pleasure in work translates to a willingness to work regardless of the compensation; the type of work and work environment are often deemed more important than the compensation.
- Realistically, it is seemingly impossible to find pleasure in every aspect of work; however, looking at the bigger picture may counteract potential feelings of displeasure.
- The type of work environment largely determines whether or not team members will find their work joyful. Accordingly, leaders should invest in creating a pleasurable work environment that is attractive to employees.
- Leaders set the tone, and if they radiate a negative attitude at work, a negative spiral may be triggered. Therefore, leaders need to at least appear to get pleasure out of their job.